This is one of my favorite desserts. I have been making this pie for years, and it always is amazing. In fact, I used to make it so much that A banished it because it was too good. Yes, this pie is delicious, and yes it is a bit rich, but it is perfect for a dinner party since your guests will leave you without any leftovers.
Also, remember S’mores? This pie captures all those great flavors without the guilt. Herbivores should run to make this pie!
S’mores Pie, adapted from Vegetarian Times
- 1 7-oz. bar 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 TB ground flax, mixed with 3 TB water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow crème (I used fluff)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chopped chocolate in heat-proof bowl. Bring soy milk to a simmer in medium saucepan. Pour milk over chocolate, and let stand 30 seconds, then whisk until combined. Whisk in flax mixture, vanilla, and pinch of salt.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into crust. Cover crust edges with foil or pie shield. Place on baking sheet, and bake 25 minutes, or until softly set around edges but still loose in center when shaken. Cool 1 hour on wire rack.
3. Preheat broiler. Spread marshmallow crème on pie, and broil 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until top is golden-brown.