I love tacos. These are my new favorites. I recently rediscovered lentils, which are super healthy and easy to make. This dish only takes 30 minutes, and it is hearty, healthy dinner. Horray for new weeknight staples!
Lentil Tacos, adapted from Runner’s World
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup brown lentils, dry
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1.25 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons dried raisins
- 1 cup salsa, plus additional for topping
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas or taco shells
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, sauted onions, celery, and garlic in the olive oil for five minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir in the lentils, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook for one minute.
- Add the broth and raisins. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender (add more water or broth as needed). Remove the lid and cook an additional 10 minutes (until lentils are thick), stirring often. Fold in the salsa.
- Spoon the lentil mixture among the tortillas or shells. Top with lettuce and tomatoes.