Yes, another banana pudding recipe. This one is the best. I wanted to recreate all my glorious pudding days, complete with vanilla cookies. This tastes great, without any guilt.
Banana Pudding, adapted from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)
- 3 cups soymilk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3 bananas, including 1/2 banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 ounces vanilla cookies
- Mix the cornstarch and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir in the soymilk and begin heating on medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils. You will know when this happens.
- Add in the mashed banana and cook, stirring, for one more minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Line an 8x8 square baking dish with vanilla cookies. Slice one of the bananas to cover the cookies. Pour about half of the pudding over the bananas. Repeat the layers of cookies, bananas, and pudding, reserving some of the cookies and placing them around the edge of the dish. Refrigerate until completely chilled, about 90 minutes. Serve and enjoy!