This is my favorite hummus recipe. It is so easy to make and is perfect on whole grain bread or for dipping pita and carrots.
Hummus, adapted from Oh She Glows!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, liquid reserved and set aside
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 Cup tahini
- 10 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp reserved chickpea liquid (or water)
- 4-8 drops of Tabasco sauce (amazing), to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Paprika, for garnish
- Place all ingredients into a food processor (except the salt) and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Now add in salt gradually, stopping to taste as you go.
- Scoop into a bowl and drizzle with a good quality olive oil and garnish with paprika. Makes about 2 cups and lasts for about 4-5 days in the fridge in a sealed container.