This is a great quick and easy pasta.
Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Capers
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 TB capers
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 1/2 cup parsley (optional)
- 1 lb pasta
- Cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, saute onions on medium heat, covered for 3 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, capers, thyme and oregano.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and peas. Saute, covered until the tomatoes soften and lose their shape. Stir in pasta water. Add salt and pepper to taste.