This is another winner from Chloe’s Kitchen. A made these and they were fabulous. You will never look at yams the same way again.
Coconut Mashed Yams, adapted from Chloe’s Kitchen
- 3 large garnet yams, pealed and chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes until soft
- Place yams in a large pot and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Drain yams and place in pot with all the ingredients except the raisins. Mash until smooth. Adjust seasoning and texture to taste. Add in raisins and enjoy!