This is the easiest, tastiest curry I have ever made. I just had to share it with the world.
Lemongrass Vietnamese Curry,adapted from Vegetarian Times
- 12 oz firm tofu, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, inner core chopped (1.5 TB)
- 1 TB Serrano chile,chopped
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2.5 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 13.5 oz can light coconut milk
- 3 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tomato, cut into thin wedges
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and cook until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- While tofu is cooking, mix shallots, lemongrass, chile, ginger and garlic in food processor until smooth paste forms.
- Heat oil in a large pot, add lemongrass paste and cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir in spices, carrots, coconut milk and 1.5 cups water. Simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, tomato and cooked tofu. Cook 5 minutes more, until broccoli is tender. Serve over rice or quinoa.