These are super easy cookie bars! They taste great and have minimal hands on time. They are perfect for a week-night treat.
Samoa Bars, adapted from averie cooks
- 1/2 c Earth Balance
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 1 Tb ground flax mixed with 3 TB water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c shredded coconut
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a large pot, melt the Earth Balance. Add the sugars & stir.
- Add everything else but the chocolate and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour mixture into a foil or parchment-lined and sprayed 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool well, slice, serve. Store in the fridge and enjoy!