I love Indian food! This is probably my best curry dish yet. It is full of super healthy vegetables and goes perfectly with Peshwari Naan. Feel free to use your favorite veggies instead of green beans and cauliflower (which happen to be ours).
Vegetable Korma, adapted from Vegetarian Times
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- ½ small white onion, cut into chunks
- 1 ½ Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- ¼ tsp. plus ⅛ tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 Tbs. raisins
- 2 cups (frozen or not) mixed vegetables, such as green beans, cauliflower, carrots, lima beans, and zucchini (12 oz.)
- 1 16-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, optional
- 3 Tbs. lite coconut milk
- Purée tomatoes, onion, and ginger to paste in food processor or blender.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garam masala and cardamom, and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add tomato purée and raisins. Simmer 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in vegetables; chickpeas, if using; and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve over rice or quinoa.