I love chocolate pudding. This is a very special chocolate pudding. Not only does it have mint flavoring, but it also has a mint cookie layer, making this the most refreshing and satisfying pudding ever.
Mini Mint Chocolate Pudding Pies, adapted from never (home)maker
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed vegan mint cookies (Newman-O’s work well, leave the filling in if using)
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter substitute (like Earth Balance)
- 2 cups soy milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup natural sugar
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- Heat butter substitute for the crust in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Turn off heat when melted and add crushed cookies. Mix until all parts are thinly coated.
- Spoon out equal portions of crust mixture into ramekins.
- Place remaining ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan and whisk together until fully incorporated.
- Put the pan on medium-high heat and continue to whisk until the pudding becomes thick (about 5 minutes).
- Pour pudding over the crust and place in the fridge to cool for at least one hour.